So I was going to wait until the end of the semester, but I wanted to start a lot of these now and thought i might as well post the things I am wanting to work on anyway. I am so excited to do this!
Kay, first, PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH/KNOW!!! This goes with everything because I know and even tell people things that will help them or things they should be doing, while I am not doing them myself.
- Study scriptures daily
· I have not been as good as I should be with scripture study. I really can tell the difference when I have versus not studying and need to add spiritual strength to my life.
- Personal prayer (every morning)
· I need to be better at remembering to pray in the morning and not sleeping in until the limit to where I am rushing out the door and forget to pray.
- Workout daily (3 Cardio/2 strength)
· I have been awful the last 3 months! Here I am graduating in a health degree and am literally dying on my behind. I know what it feels like to exercise every day and have the added energy and happiness that comes with it. What I mean by ‘practice what I preach’ is that I have had clients and had the opportunity to help other people or give advice, while I am sitting here, not doing what I am telling them to do. It has been hard to find time, with school and having a new baby. LIFE IS BUSY! If I have a mindset of not exercising because I simply don’t have enough time??? Uh……I would never exercise in my life again! My life is probably just going to continue to get busier and I HAVE to MAKE the time, Whether that means waking up earlier or going to bed later.
- Learn something new each week and teach someone else about it
· I am not going to lie, I am kind of sad that I won’t be in school anymore! You know the saying ‘great and dreadful day’? Yeah. That’s my life right now. I am SUPER excited to finally be done and free, but at the same time I am realizing that I am going to miss learning, more specifically, miss learning new things pertaining to my major. UH…Why stop right?
- Go to bed at a decent time (workout though! Even if it’s just 10 minutes)
· Hmmm…..We’ll see how this goes =)
· I decided to add this to my list, because when I consciously have ‘smile’ going through my brain, I have a better day, I feel better about myself and work better with those around me. I don’t want people to see me and think I’m mean or such a serious person, just cause I’m not smiling.